Battletech Live

Online, Turn-Based Battletech – Development Logs

Design update to the Development Process log

I started working on an update last evening, for the Development Process pane at the bottom center.  The amount of space it occupied was starting to bug me again, especially when trying to type paragraphs of information, to find that the text disappeared below the edge of the panel.  I went through a long process of converting the data to XML, using it to populate the dataGrid and figuring out how to pull it from XML to populate a textArea.  For the panel to be usable, it still needs to be about the same size as it was, but it doesn’t need to be visible all the time.  Plus, the new animation built into it isn’t bad either.

Picture 1

The old version took up too much space, even when closed. It was too tall and interfered with content placed behind it.

The new version is much more compact, taking up an extremely small width.  The button can be clicked to open it, at which point, it becomes obvious what it is.

The new version is much more compact, taking up an extremely small width. The button can be clicked to open it, at which point, it becomes obvious what it is.

When open, all of the same functionality is still there, in a slightly more compact form.

When open, all of the same functionality is still there, in a slightly more compact form.

Advertisements

May 28, 2009 - Posted by | Project Development

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: